Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in the EarlyWorks facilities for your special event.
We know that you will have questions about our rental facilities. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions.
For all rentals, the following apply:
- Deposit of 50% of rental fee (non-refundable) and contract are required to secure a date
- Dates can be held for 10 days with no obligation
- $60.00 per hour for staff/security to be present during the event
- $350.00 cleaning/damage deposit due two weeks prior to event date (this is returnable if everything is clean and all debris and garbage is removed from the building after the event)
Roundhouse-400 seated-1000 standing
- $1500.00 per day ($900.00 for weekday Monday – Thursday)
- Tables and chairs available at no additional cost: 22 -60 inch round tables, 8- 8 foot rectangular tables, 3-48 inch round tables and 220 chairs (These numbers are subject to change.)
- Grounds and Pavilion are available for rental at an additional charge of $300
Grand Hall-200 seated-500 standing
- $1350.00 per day ($800.00 for weekday Monday – Thursday)
- Tables and chairs available at no additional cost: 22 -60 inch round tables, 8- 8 foot rectangular tables, 3-48 inch round tables, 5 serpentine tables and 250 chairs (These numbers are subject to change.)
- EarlyWorks Museum may be rented in conjunction with the Grand Hall-$200.00 per hour
Alabama Constitution Village/Constitution Hall, Orientation Room & Liberty Field-75 seated-125 standing
- $1350.00 per day ($800.00 for week day Monday-Thursday)
- Tables and chairs available at no additional cost: 12 -48 inch round tables, 66 wooden folding chairs, 3- 6 foot rectangular tables (These numbers are subject to change.)
- Constitution Museum tour may be added in conjunction with the Village for an additional charge
Historic Train Depot- 78 seated ~125 standing
- $1000 per day ($600.00 for weekday Monday – Thursday)
- Tables and chairs available at no additional cost: 13~ 48 inch round tables, 5~ 6ft rectangular tables, 78 wooden folding chairs (These numbers are subject to change.)
How do I reach the Rental Department?
- EarlyWorks sites are available for viewing by appointment only, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 AM- 4PM
- Rental Office number is 256-564-8113
- Rental Office email is firstname.lastname@example.org
What time can I have access to the facility?
- 11 AM- 12 AM
- Any additional hours for set up are an additional rental fee of $150 an hour and may require staff and security to be present at $60 an hour. Hours extending past midnight are not permitted.
May I come in the day before to decorate?
- To gain access to the facility the day before your rental you must rent the facility. If you have a full day rental with us, we will offer you a half day rental the day before. The half day rental fee is half the full rental cost and gives you access from 9:30 AM to 4 PM.
What does EarlyWorks provide?
- EarlyWorks does not rent any tablecloths, audiovisual equipment, ladders or electrical supplies.
- EarlyWorks will supply set up of tables and chairs at no extra charge if layout is received two weeks prior to the event.
- EarlyWorks facilities have limited number of tables and chairs that are location specific. Additional tables and chairs will be the responsibility of the renter.
Does EarlyWorks have a catering company I have to use?
- No, we allow you to bring in any licensed caterer for your event.
What are your rules on serving alcohol?
- If you plan to charge for alcohol you must contact the local ABC office at 256-726-0401 or go to their website, abc.alabama.gov.
Are there any limitations to decorations at any of the sites?
- No items should be hung on or leaned against the walls. All banners and hanging signage must be pre-approved by EarlyWorks.
- All candles should be dripless or contained in a globe or candle holder
- No balloons are allowed in the EarlyWorks museum, including the Grand Hall
- Birdseed/Rice is prohibited both inside and outside of the facilities
- Glitter and/or confetti is prohibited inside and outside of the facilities
- All decorations and rental items must be removed immediately following the Event and prior to closing time. Any items left in the facilities including grounds will result in a $50 per day storage fee.
- All trash and debris associated with catering and rental of the facility must be removed from the buildings and grounds and taken to the dumpster provided outside. Any garbage or debris left in the museums will result in a loss of cleaning deposit.
- Failure to follow the above limitations will result in the loss of cleaning/damage deposit.
Do you offer discounts to Non Profits or EarlyWorks Family of Museums Members?
- EarlyWorks Family of Museums offers a discount Sunday- Thursday to Charitable Non Profits.
- Proof of the 501c3 is required and booking has to be in the Charity’s name.
- EarlyWorks Family of Museums offers a 10% discount on facility rentals to museum members. Proof of membership must be presented before the rental contract is completed. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed until the contract has been signed and the 50% deposit is received. We will assume that you do not need the facility and will make it available for rental if a contract and deposit are not received within 10 days. Fees listed are subject to change.